When time allows, The Bus can deviate from it’s fixed route and stop at another location within a two block radius of the bus route/ stop. Route deviations cost more and require at least one hour advanced notice by calling 237-4287.
Drivers cannot schedule a route deviation.
To request a route deviation:
- Call The Bus dispatch at 237-4287 or 237-4BUS.
- Call at least one hour in advance.
- Give dispatch your name, the route, time and desired address.
- Dispatch will contact The Bus driver to determine if a route deviation is possible. Then dispatch will notify you.
If The Bus is deviating to a pickup address:
- Be ready to go ten minutes before The Bus‘s planned arrival.
- Watch for The Bus.
- Passengers must be ready to immediately board when The Bus arrives.
- The Bus will not wait for you to get ready.
- Board The Bus and pay the Route Deviation fare cash only.
If The Bus is deviating to a drop off address:
- When boarding, tell The Bus driver your name and that a deviation was requested.
- The driver will verify the deviation information issued by dispatch.
- Board The Bus and pay the Deviation fare cash only.
A route deviation costs more than a standard fare:
General Public Route Deviation – $2.00 ONE WAY cash only
Route Deviation for seniors 60 years and older, passengers with disabilities, and Medicare recipients – $1.00 ONE WAY cash only